Please click the link at the bottom of the page to download a copy of our school aims.
1. We aim to foster a family ethos at Rivington in which each member of the community feels valued and can develop confidence in themselves and their abilities, secure in the knowledge that they have an important contribution to make.
2. We aim to create an atmosphere in which people show respect for themselves and others, their ideas, beliefs, feelings, property and their environment. Honesty, good manners, trustworthiness and integrity are highly valued.
3. We aim to ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential, the majority achieving the standards expected nationally or above, within the core subjects. We provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum that benefits all children.
4. We aim to encourage links with the parents of our children and wider community. We will work with other agencies to help our children and their families, develop healthy lifestyles, stay safe and achieve economic well-being. We will provide opportunities for personal development through the experiences which are offered.
5. We aim to create a stimulating learning environment and promote creative, imaginative thinking, encouraging an enthusiasm for enterprise and learning for the school community as a whole. We aim to help children take responsibility for themselves and their own learning and educate them to see learning as a lifelong process.
6. We aim to provide a safe atmosphere where high quality learning can take place, through the relationships we create and by a positive and structured approach to discipline.